Sunday, November 15, 2015

Take a word- Your Best China

This art journal page is created for the take a word challenge where the theme is your best china and to honor the victim in france after the friday the 13th attack. 

I begun to cover the page with white gesso and then I used Caran Dáche Neocolors in lilac and scarlet. Then I stamped the Chinese sigh (Cherry pie) in archival crimson and maroon. I Begun with crimson but then I discovered that it was to pale, and then I used maroon.  Then I added the antique vase images to the page and with some of then I added light molding paste trough a crafter workshop stencil and with some I just spoonched with archival deep purple. The flowers then got painted with lumiere in Emerald green, crimson and pearl violet. Added the Paris image and outlined with black gesso. Lastly I stamped the text and painted those with lumiere in bright gold and outlined with black posca pen and added the dymo text.  

5 comments:

  1. A very thoughtful piece. All our hearts are with the people of Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely artwork with a powerful message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely artwork with a powerful message!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how you incorporated the news with a message in your art...beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a powerful and at the same time delicate piece. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete